Thursday, March 19, 2009

Almost There!

I don't think these puppies can get much bigger before Phoebe's belly just pops! She still has a hearty appetite but is now showing some interest in tearing up the papers in her whelping box. Her temperature has dipped just slightly, but we're still waiting for the big drop to let us know labor is about to start. She's not the grumpy diva of last summer, which is most appreciated, but still doesn't care for the cats to be around. Phoebe spends most of her time sleeping, or when she's outside, resting and waiting for me to take her back in--she always gets a cookie then so she manages a spring in her step. The rest of the time, she drags her back feet as she walks--I can hear her nails on the tile and know that Ellen would be telling me to "file those nails"!
Here's our chubby girl:


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Go Phoebe!! :-D

PS: here's the proof that I didn't get too drunk to post from VA beach!

Jan said...

But I just read your Facebook comment about drinking and driving a Segway! And since you left your comment at 8:17 a.m., you're probably just gearing up for today's "conference"!