Sunday, May 24, 2009

Busy Shopper

We're starting to take Dixie with us on as many errands as we can so she becomes a well socialized puppy. Saturday, we took her to Meadows Farm Nursery and Home Depot. She gets attention anywhere we go and got to meet children for the first time--I wish I had had my camera with me! She's put on weight in the last week and my arm quickly got tired from lugging her around. She had to start walking on the leash she detests! Dixie did well, sometimes forgetting she was on a leash and behaved quite nicely for most of the shopping. By the time we got to Home Depot, she was pretty bushed. She gets as cranky as a toddler with just about the same level of vocal protests about walking. It was hot and she didn't want to be carried, either. Finally, I just put her in our shopping cart but then had a hard time getting through the store! Lots of people wanted to see her and kept stopping me to see if they could meet Dixie.
Today's agenda includes a trip up the road to our local winery, Casanel, for a wine afternoon with my sisters and Dixie gets to meet her first non-collie, my sister's German Shepherd, Gustof.

No comments: